[Arm-netbook] Early UART output vs. housing board discovery

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Wed Jan 17 05:17:24 GMT 2018

On Tue, Jan 16, 2018 at 10:34 PM, Jonathan Neuschäfer
<j.neuschaefer at gmx.net> wrote:

> Thanks for your explanations. That's all I really have to say after that
> mail.

 ok cool.

>> Micro-Desktop is.... it's just a bunch of connectors.  as in, that's
>> *all* that's needed.
>
> I wasn't aware housings tend to be *this* simple.

 yehyeh - the phrase is "passive components" or something... not sure
which.  the laptop pcb, microdesktop, tablet and the router, they're
all basically nothing more than a power converter, current-limiting
chip, an EEPROM and some connectors.  for the video output the only
minor "complication" is the inclusion of - again "passive conversion"
circuits.  an SN75LVDS83b or 6-bit A->D circuits for VGA.