[Arm-netbook] Patent-Left

Hendrik Boom hendrik at topoi.pooq.com
Sun Feb 25 02:29:50 GMT 2018

On Sat, Feb 24, 2018 at 09:13:11AM +0000, Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 21, 2018 at 2:44 PM, Adam Van Ymeren <adam at vany.ca> wrote:
>
> > I think there's some misconceptions about what Luke is trying to prevent.
>
>  looks like it.  in the extreme case i am trying to prevent people
> being murdered.  this is not an exaggeration.  i don't understand why
> people don't understand this.
>
>  btw it turns out that Certification Marks are perfectly compatible
> with the GPL licenses.  there are specific sections (in all variants),
> "if there is any conflict with this license that prevents you from
> fulfilling your obligations under this GPL license, you are required
> to cease distribution" or words to that effect.

And all you have to do to distribute uder a GPL licence is ths bake sure
that there are no certification marks in it.

That doesn't mean you can't have source code that can be compile-time
parameterized with a certificatin mark.

But anyone modifying the certiied source code will presumably have to
have it recertified before using the certification mark on it.

-- hendrik