[Arm-netbook] Patent-Left

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Sat Feb 24 09:08:53 GMT 2018

---

On Wed, Feb 21, 2018 at 12:49 PM, Jean Flamelle <eaterjolly at gmail.com> wrote:
> Disclaimer: this is a brainstorm of ideas on what is practical. I am a

 appreciated.

> economic support to be had for anyone involved. It wouldn't agree with
> my morals if someone had to ask Luke's permission to make an EOMA
> card,

 remember that software can always be fixed after it is released.

 hardware *CANNOT BE FIXED*.

 chinese clones of USB3 cables that fail to obey the USB3 charging standard.

 chinese knock-offs of chargeable fidget-spinners that explode and
cause lithium battery fires.

 so the most extreme case is also the most damaging, but it doesn't
actually matter which is more "extreme", *any* damage to the
reputation of a mass-volume Certified Standard is enough to completely
destroy the Standard, due to the sheer volume of people who will blame
the STANDARD *and* the Standard's CREATOR.

 question: how do you propose that people not get murdered by the
incompetence of an individual who blatantly disregards a hardware
standard's safety warnings?  (we are extremely lucky that nobody has
murdered anyone through the deployment of "bad-usb").