[Arm-netbook] Patent-Left

Jean Flamelle eaterjolly at gmail.com
Thu Feb 22 00:58:40 GMT 2018

On 2/21/18, rhkramer at gmail.com <rhkramer at gmail.com> wrote:
> Just two questions (without carefully reading all that you wrote):
>
>    * what country do you live in?
>
>    * if not the US, does the country you live in have a body of trademark
> law?
>
> I suppose you really only need to answer the 2nd for now.

Yes

@Adam, I may be wrong but I believe that would require a massive "all
markets" release. Even if the standard is copyrighted that I doubt
using that as a protection against a copy-cat of a "similar" standard
has been tested in very many courts (I have no expertise to really
advise).
If there aren't enough EOMA cards in a market for people to become
familiar with the certification, before they start trying to copy it
without the certification or with their own made up certifications.

I hope no one does that, but I think it'd be foolish to assume no one will.