[Arm-netbook] Error trying to edit rhombus-tech wiki

Philip Hands phil at hands.com
Tue Feb 20 10:33:40 GMT 2018

On Mon, 19 Feb 2018, Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton <lkcl at lkcl.net> wrote:
> ---
> crowd-funded eco-conscious hardware: https://www.crowdsupply.com/eoma68
>

> On Mon, Feb 19, 2018 at 9:22 PM, Richard Wilbur
> <richard.wilbur at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Trying to edit wiki page to add my name to list interested in
>> pre-production board, et cetera.  Is that page privileged?
>
>  nope i have exactly the same error occurring, i'm forcing a rebuild
> which i *believe* recreates the cgi script... if it's not fixed it's
> something that phil is the person to ask for sorting it out.

It is possible that fcgi was upset about something, as restarting that
seems to have made things better, but I'm not 100% certain because I
changed a couple of other things while I was about it.

The other things are:

  setting ikiwiki to use git to track which files have changed, so that
  it doesn't need to scan the file system (only_committed_changes).

  setting it so that if ikiwiki.cgi ends up waiting for locks, it tells
  you to wait after 10 seconds, and starts retrying (cgi_overload_*)

hopefully the first will speed things up a little, and the latter do no
harm.

I also note that 'be' (the bug tracker) takes a couple of seconds at the
end of every site rebuild, which strikes me as a bit slow given the
lack of recent activity. Luke, are you actually using 'be' at present?

Cheers, Phil.