[Arm-netbook] pyra computer

Christopher Havel laserhawk64 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 13 20:55:25 GMT 2018

I don't see that Ron is doing what you're asserting, therefore I cannot
answer your question as you have requested me to do so.

Ron is carrying out a hobbyist project with a product you are seeking to
sell. Nothing more, nothing less. There are acres of paper in every law
school's public library that attest to the fact that, historically, the
liability for such projects lies with the hobbyist -- and that precedent
goes back basically to the beginning of time. It's essentially
unquestionable. (It's also good, old-fashioned common sense!) If you must
insist on seeing that as something else, and therefore an existential
threat to your own project, then you /really/ need to talk to your lawyers
(and, perhaps, a few other professionals as well), because that would
indicate that you have some significant learning to do. I would argue that
that learning should come before any further progress on anything else
happens, although as you rightly pointed out, I haven't the ability to
enforce that sort of a thing.

I understand that you have the /authority/ to shut him down. I myself am
not questioning /that/ -- simply whether or not you should /use/ that
authority. To me, that would be gross overreach. As a metaphor, I'll point
out that every US President since 1945 or so has had the authority to
essentially rain nuclear hell down over all of mankind. Thankfully, so far,
every US President has seen fit not to use that authority.

As I hinted last time, if what you are asserting was actually true, there
would be no Instructables -- or, for that matter, Arduino, probably -- and
the world would in fact be a very, very different place for it. I know I
hate admitting when I'm wrong -- everybody does -- but sometimes it's
easier (and it's always better) than insisting to the end that I'm right
and going down in spectacular flames, somewhat like the Hindenburg.

On Tue, Feb 13, 2018 at 3:38 PM, Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton <lkcl at lkcl.net