[Arm-netbook] asus eeepc 7inch, modifying it to accept a pc card

ronwirring at Safe-mail.net ronwirring at Safe-mail.net
Tue Feb 13 18:44:02 GMT 2018

-------- Original Message --------
From: Pičugins Arsenijs<crimier at yandex.ru>
Apparently from: arm-netbook-bounces at lists.phcomp.co.uk
To: Eco-Conscious Computing <arm-netbook at lists.phcomp.co.uk>
Subject: Re: [Arm-netbook] asus eeepc 7inch, modifying it to accept a pc card
Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2018 23:40:08 +0200

> It seems to have a wide tip, so I'm wondering if it's suitable for soldering things like a 0.8-pitch connector...

It has a swappable solder iron head. The solder iron
head I have looks like a screwdriver. It is about
3mm wide. I have bought another solder iron
head. Shaped like a pencil.

> The pocketchip's keyboard, just like the EEE PC keyboard, is not I2C by itself

I understand now. A controller is required. For i2c or usb.

> I have an LCD panel that may work for
> you

I think the plan is to use the display the computer came
with. I would want to know which display model it is
I have. I have refrained from dismantling the
display part because it was already difficult to
remove the mainboard. The cabinet got some nicks.

> checked Taobao and a PCMCIA socket there

Can you write a link?

> I find the idea to turn an asus eeepc 7inch notebook into an EOMA68
> housing very interesting

Yes, that should have been the email's subject but we are not starting
a new post because of that.