[Arm-netbook] What do 1,000 EOMA68-A20 PCBs look like?

Wookey wookey at wookware.org
Fri Dec 7 16:28:24 GMT 2018

On 2018-12-07 15:24 +0100, Paul Boddie wrote:
> Cross-building would be a workaround, but Debian appears fundamentally opposed
> to that,

Do you mean 'as buildds'? Debian's support from cross-building has
improved hugely over the last 8 years, and you can now crossbuild a
_lot_ of debian. Helmut told me 'nearly 2/3rds' a while ago, although
I'm not sure if that's 2/3rds of _everything_, or some subset.

There is lots more that could be done (not least educating upstreams
that like to do 'uncrossable things'), but we are the opposite of
'fundamentally opposed to it'.

> even though the alternative is the abandonment of architectures. And
> you even have the new and shiny arm64 support in jeopardy because the
> appropriate server hardware never seems to get to market (or stick around).

In what way is arm64 'in jeopardy'? I don't think it's going anywhere.

Wookey
http://wookware.org/