[Arm-netbook] What do 1,000 EOMA68-A20 PCBs look like?

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Wed Dec 5 03:38:59 GMT 2018

On Tue, Dec 4, 2018 at 8:12 PM Paul Boddie <paul at boddie.org.uk> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Nice to see the progress being made in the recent update:
>
> https://www.crowdsupply.com/eoma68/micro-desktop/updates/what-do-1-000-eoma68-a20-pcbs-look-like
>
> It's a shame that you have to redo your Parabola bootstrapping. I experimented
> with bootstrapping Parabola on MIPS a few months ago using two different
> approaches - (1) try and cross-compile packages, (2) try and native build in
> another environment - and it was rather frustrating either way. Ultimately, I
> didn't regard it as a great way to spend my time.

 :)

 it was quite hilarious to get up and running.
https://wiki.parabola.nu/MIPS_Installation - oh.  discontinued.
that's not going to help *sigh*.

 basically it's a hell of a lot easier if you have a native x86
parabola install, as you can then use the equivalent of debian foriegn
arch debootstrap, and the --second-stage you run a qemu emulator to
finish off the install.

that's basically exactly what i did... except because i didn't have
native x86 parabola i ran in qemu.

it worked really well and makes for a hilarious story.