[Arm-netbook] devicetree and testing

Richard Wilbur richard.wilbur at gmail.com
Tue Apr 17 23:12:49 BST 2018

On Apr 17, 2018, at 15:47, Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton <lkcl at lkcl.net> wrote:

> On Tue, Apr 17, 2018 at 9:54 PM, Richard Wilbur
> <richard.wilbur at gmail.com> wrote:
> […]
>> 1.  Hack together some tests under 3.4.104 that we can run on the extant
>> drivers.
>> 2.  Work on getting extant A20 drivers mainlined in the linux kernel.
>
> people have been working on that for many many years.
>
>> 3.  Create devicetree for DS113 v2.7.4 and v2.7.5, … (all extant versions
>> of DS113 and microdesktop case).
>> 4.  Work on getting devicetree with add/remove overlay support mainlined in
>> the linux kernel (and u-boot?).
>
> yes.

I understand that people have been working on steps 2 and 4 for years and I had no diminution of their efforts in mind.

In my estimation the tasks that can be completed relatively quickly are 1 and 3 as they don't require convincing anyone else of the importance of the goal or merit of the implementation.