[Arm-netbook] devicetree and testing

Richard Wilbur richard.wilbur at gmail.com
Tue Apr 17 21:54:29 BST 2018

On Apr 16, 2018, at 22:04, Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton <lkcl at lkcl.net>
wrote:
On Tue, Apr 17, 2018 at 4:53 AM, Richard Wilbur <richard.wilbur at gmail.com>
wrote:
I am working on the devicetree for the microdesktop v1.7 and the DS113
v2.7.5 as it sounds like that is the natural prerequisite to
auto-configuration and more-automated testing.

awesome.  remember though that testing will be done with 3.4.104+ as it's
where 100% of the functionality is present.

If I'm understanding you correctly the 3.4.104 kernel is the most recent
kernel to have free support for all the promised functionality of the
DS-113, but lacks devicetree support to make that functionality
autoconfigurable?  That is a beastly spot to be in!  In that case I'll make
the manual tables from which we can initially code up some tests by using
the gpio driver and later write up the devicetree.

So, sorry for being a bit thick headed, it just dawned on me what our
priorities have to be and why:

1.  Hack together some tests under 3.4.104 that we can run on the extant
drivers.
2.  Work on getting extant A20 drivers mainlined in the linux kernel.
3.  Create devicetree for DS113 v2.7.4 and v2.7.5, … (all extant versions
of DS113 and microdesktop case).
4.  Work on getting devicetree with add/remove overlay support mainlined in
the linux kernel (and u-boot?).

--Richard