[Arm-netbook] OT: Librem 5?

Michael Verrenkamp jabjabs at fastmail.com.au
Tue Sep 26 02:47:57 BST 2017

On 26/09/2017 11:41 AM, zap wrote:

> On 09/25/2017 09:30 PM, Tor, the Marqueteur wrote:
>>> without people freaking out against people in power/corporations.
>>  From my reading, pirates/piracy as relates to copyright was actually
> Okay, I thought it was something coined by corrupt arrogant specks from
> the 20th century...
>
> my bad.
  Found this on Wiki -
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Copyright_infringement#.22Piracy.22

"Article 12 of the 1886 Berne Convention for the Protection of Literary
and Artistic Works
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Berne_Convention_for_the_Protection_of_Literary_and_Artistic_Works>
uses the term "piracy" in relation to copyright infringement, stating
"Pirated works may be seized on importation into those countries of the
Union where the original work enjoys legal protection."

Michael

---