[Arm-netbook] OT: Librem 5?

Tor, the Marqueteur marqueteur at fineartmarquetry.com
Tue Sep 26 02:30:08 BST 2017

On 09/25/2017 03:17 PM, zap wrote:
> But also, piracy was a term coined  to make drm easier to implement
> without people freaking out against people in power/corporations.

>From my reading, pirates/piracy as relates to copyright was actually
coined looong ago, well before software.  It originally referred to
publishers who found ways (often legal by means of other countries'
laws) to reprint works and not pay the author.  I'm pretty sure I once
read that the Gilbert & Sullivan operetta The Pirates of Penzance was
spurred at least in part by such copyright pirates.

Tor

--
Tor Chantara
http://www.fineartmarquetry.com/