[Arm-netbook] OT: Librem 5?

Tomas Nordin tomasn at posteo.net
Mon Sep 25 21:10:22 BST 2017

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton <lkcl at lkcl.net> writes:

> bill, john, i am fascinated by the insights both of you have, also no
> i don't thnk in black or white - i used to, up until i was around...
> 22 or 23.  it was a very... strange time.  i'll re-read what both of
> you wrote later and reply after some thought ok?

We can stick with thinking in terms of black and white when it comes to
whether some software is free or not. It is either free or it isn't. The
four freedoms make that easy.

Then it can be hard on people to call them lazy by not making sure their
machines are 100 % RYF because of convenience. But escaping ms office is
not hard, there is not much convenience to gain there in place of
freedom, only lock-in. On the machine side I would guess political
activism is what is required.