[Arm-netbook] hardware encrypted flash drive idea with gpl3 license

zap calmstorm at posteo.de
Wed Sep 20 20:59:23 BST 2017

I was wondering if you ever thought of creating a hardware encrypted
flash drive?
I know nitrokey is doing this, but I was wondering if you could make one
that could go even up to 128gb and have the software built into it so
that you can set a password from your computer then, everytime you put
it in you have to type the password in. Also there would be options of:

change password
upgrade firmware if wanted
up to four different hidden folders to store files
and of course the strongest encryption + ten mistakes = reset whatever
hidden folder you were trying to get into. meaning the files would all
be wiped off. And yes this could be an option rather than a requirement.

even 64gb would be good to be honest, I just don't like the idea of
having to rely on software that may disappear in the future or die out.

Nitrokey's weakness is you need their app to access your files. alas...
that's why I suggested this.

if you did that, even 64gb I would pay 200$ for something of that sort.
as long as it is gpl3 software that is. :)

Mull it over if you want.