[Arm-netbook] Retrfit a Nokia and KiCad fun

Neil Jansen njansen1 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 16 20:57:43 BST 2017

On Fri, Sep 15, 2017 at 9:16 AM, Alan Carvalho de Assis <acassis at gmail.com>
wrote:

> For that you
> need an EDA with IPC-2581 support that even Eagle (AFAIK) doesn't have

Although IPC-2581 is pretty new I think it's a great idea.  A lot of board
houses are apparently starting to request this from customers although I've
never come across it.  I'd be thrilled if all of the EDA packages started
to support it.

Some folks have asked the support team at EAGLE about it, over the years:

https://www.element14.com/community/thread/14080/l/support-for-ipc-2581?displayFullThread=true

Translation: We'll promise to ask our management, and never get back to
you...

Now, after the acquisiton by Autodesk:

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/eagle-forum/ipc-2581/td-p/7336057

Translation: No current plans to do it, no date given, but gives a
Machiavellian "Keep your eyes peeled" corporate comment.