[Arm-netbook] python coding help needed (sin, cosine, blah blah)

doark at mail.com doark at mail.com
Sat Sep 9 16:43:40 BST 2017

On Fri, 18 Aug 2017 06:58:54 +0100
Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton <lkcl at lkcl.net> wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 17, 2017 at 11:24 PM,  <doark at mail.com> wrote:
> > On Thu, 10 Aug 2017 05:43:48 -0400
> > Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton <lkcl at lkcl.net> wrote:
> >>
> >> https://math.stackexchange.com/ (bla)
> >>
> >> hiya david: okay!  so someone kindly edited the question to put the
> >> proper links in, so the question's actually understandable.
<snip>

Unfortunately I've not been able to finish this. I've tried luke, but my
laptop's battery just went totally bad, my desktop's HD filled up all the
way and my family has been in need of my help. I just don't have the time
to do this either, and with the hurricane coming (to Florida), I'm not
certain what's going to become of me or this house (yes, I'm staying
with my family). We will probably loose power and water at the least.

In case you've not heard it's a CAT 5! AND there is another one behind it!

I've done several of the calculations by hand and I understand how to do
it, just not with a computer nor with your program, plus I don't have the
python bindings for openscand so you program still will not work (yes I
set python's path correctly).
I've created a simple gif that illustrates the steps that the computer
must take. This should help you to not have to take shots in the
dark when trying to figure this out.
1. Create a polygon.
2. Separate the polygon into squares or right triangles.
3. Enlarge based on sizes of pulleys.
4. Measure angles of side and use this to calculate the angles of your
pulleys.

Sincerely,
David