[Arm-netbook] gnu/linux distro of interest?

Ricardo Wurmus rekado at elephly.net
Fri Sep 1 12:36:45 BST 2017

calmstorm at posteo.de writes:

> https://www.voidlinux.eu/
>
> Luke I know you might have interest in this, because you are not fond of
> systemd correct? Sorry to bring that topic up again,
>
> But I think you may have interest in this gnu/linux distro for that
> reason.  Also, it is free software if you don't load the non-free
> repository.
>
> The bad? If you do load the module it isn't free software.

GuixSD doesn’t use systemd either and is an FSF-endorsed variant of the
GNU system.  A port for aarch64 is underway; packages are already built
for armhf (i.e. Guix works as a package manager on armhf systems), but
there’s no complete GuixSD port for armhf yet.

I encourage people to help out with the port; you can join
guix-devel at gnu.org or #guix on IRC (freenode) to discuss.

--
Ricardo

GPG: BCA6 89B6 3655 3801 C3C6  2150 197A 5888 235F ACAC
https://elephly.net