[Arm-netbook] HDMI High-Frequency Layout: Recommendations

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Sat Oct 7 02:20:48 BST 2017

On Fri, Oct 6, 2017 at 10:45 PM, Richard Wilbur
<richard.wilbur at gmail.com> wrote:

>> nearly there - i still have to reply to the message a few days ago
>> about the keepout area.
>
> I'll try to elaborate further when I get home and in striking distance of a more powerful paint program.

 mythbusters.  definitely mythbusters.  you want C-4, a 1 ton
deathstar (jamie's creation), and a "house at the alameda county bomb
range".

 https://www.discovery.com/tv-shows/mythbusters/videos/explosive-painting-aftershow

 ... back to our reguarly-scheduled programme...

http://rhombus-tech.net/allwinner_a10/news/eoma68-a20-275-hdmi-new-wiggles-layer6.jpg

so a different program (PADS Router) this time, sorry i had one of the
tracks highlighted when i ran import -window root... i moved TX2's
wiggle to the right a bit, that gave me some space to get 2 20-ish mil
wiggles on TX1 instead of one reaally large one.  not enough space to
do the same thing for TX0 or TX2.

reason for showing you the router view is, keepouts are clearly
hatched (it's a bit of a pain to work with to be honest, don't know
how to switch it off..) but the extent of the keepout area is much
clearer.  anything outside of that will be 5mil clearance, i used that
fact at the right end to just... let flood-fill go round all the VIAs,
tracks and ESD components @ 5mil.

two grey dots (one overlapping one of the hdmi tracks) which don't
have white in them are component-centres and can be ignored.