[Arm-netbook] HDMI High-Frequency Layout: Recommendations

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Tue Oct 3 02:56:07 BST 2017

On Mon, Oct 2, 2017 at 10:33 PM, Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton
<lkcl at lkcl.net> wrote:

> On Mon, Oct 2, 2017 at 10:15 PM, Richard Wilbur
> <richard.wilbur at gmail.com> wrote:
>> The alternative is to use the "U"-shaped with spacing of at least 20mil between facing copper of the same trace.
>
>  yyeah that's 4x track width... it's gonna be really really tight to
> get 20 mil in.  will see.

 it was.   best i could do (attached) - accordion wasn't having any of
it, had to do them by hand.

 the defaults in PADS for the gap separation btw were set to 2x.  4x
seems an _awful_ lot, to my eye: i don't believe i've ever seen
wiggles with such large separation.  are you sure the app note didn't
mean "4x separation centre-to-centre of the traces"?  or, was the app
note specifically applying to really *really* high frequency traces
(above say... 2 or even 3 ghz)?