[Arm-netbook] EFI/UEFI bios question

Jean Flamelle eaterjolly at gmail.com
Tue Oct 3 01:22:58 BST 2017

        Despite the negative press and the huge skepticism over their
posh brand and shell-shocking optimism in area people have been
cynical for a long while, they claim they've completely disabled Intel
ME as well as completed their coreboot port. Both of these have been
relatively recent developments, but I think it's not unreasonable to
say there is a correlation between these successes and the
endorsements they are getting from gnome and kde with their new phone
project. And, I'm sure these people would have <i>checked</i>.
        That in mind, EOMA is still designed around portability,
hardware openness, and reparability (with importance expressed in
reverse order). x86 got torn apart to shreds at the last Blackhat as
far as I can tell. Libre linux on RISC is definitely going to be the
first 100% safe harbor for secure computing. It would be very nice if
the folks at Purism added a EOMA card slot at some point in the coming
future to their computers.
        I doubt these Purism laptops would be any bit disappointing.