[Arm-netbook] Top Priority Software Tasks

Andreas Baierl list at imkreisrum.de
Thu Nov 30 14:59:53 GMT 2017

Am 30.11.2017 um 15:25 schrieb Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton:
> ---
> crowd-funded eco-conscious hardware: https://www.crowdsupply.com/eoma68
>

> On Thu, Nov 30, 2017 at 1:37 PM, Elena ``of Valhalla''
> <valhalla-l at trueelena.org> wrote:
>>> According to that web-page, there shouldn't need to be anything
>>> Allwinner-specific anyway, right (other than adding the GPU nodes to
>>> the relevant DTS)?
>> The talk in the video explained that right now packages have to be
>> SoC-specific (and there may even be some allwinner-specific code that is
>> required, but not necessarily available).
>>
>> I don't remember all the details, however, and the talk explains them
>> better than I could (sorry for the lack of text-based references).
>   no problem elena - i tracked it down:
>   http://linux-sunxi.org/Mali400#Binary_driver
>
>   two variants / sets of instructions:
>
>   http://linux-sunxi.org/Mali_binary_driver
>   http://free-electrons.com/blog/mali-opengl-support-on-allwinner-platforms-with-mainline-linux/
>
>   those are proprietary drivers so they will most definitely *NOT* be
> going onto the RYF-Certified EOMA68-A20 Cards.  btw that reminds me,
> does anyone know the progress of the guy working for AMD who in his
> spare time is implementing MALI400 OpenGL compatible entirely libre
> drivers?  he's *referencing* libv's work but is reimplementing the
> library from scratch.  he... maay run into difficulties as MALI400 is
> so basic it requires significant parts to be done in software
> (CPU-side).
Mesa kmscube demo is running, though some/many components are still
missing to call it complete.

He announced the status of his project just recently:
https://www.phoronix.com/forums/forum/linux-graphics-x-org-drivers/opengl-vulkan-mesa-gallium3d/991441-there-s-an-arm-mali-gallium3d-driver-still-being-developed?p=991690#post991690

The repository to follow is hosted here: https://github.com/yuq/mesa-lima

Regards
Andreas