[Arm-netbook] Top Priority Software Tasks

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Thu Nov 30 14:25:58 GMT 2017

---

On Thu, Nov 30, 2017 at 1:37 PM, Elena ``of Valhalla''
<valhalla-l at trueelena.org> wrote:
> On 2017-11-30 at 08:14:09 -0500, Stefan Monnier wrote:
>> > and informations are being kept updated on the debian wiki:
>> > https://wiki.debian.org/MaliGraphics (and related pages)
>> > but there doesn't seem to be much work done for allwinner SoCs, at the
>> > moment.
>>
>> According to that web-page, there shouldn't need to be anything
>> Allwinner-specific anyway, right (other than adding the GPU nodes to
>> the relevant DTS)?
>
> The talk in the video explained that right now packages have to be
> SoC-specific (and there may even be some allwinner-specific code that is
> required, but not necessarily available).
>
> I don't remember all the details, however, and the talk explains them
> better than I could (sorry for the lack of text-based references).

 no problem elena - i tracked it down:
 http://linux-sunxi.org/Mali400#Binary_driver

 two variants / sets of instructions:

 http://linux-sunxi.org/Mali_binary_driver
 http://free-electrons.com/blog/mali-opengl-support-on-allwinner-platforms-with-mainline-linux/

 those are proprietary drivers so they will most definitely *NOT* be
going onto the RYF-Certified EOMA68-A20 Cards.  btw that reminds me,
does anyone know the progress of the guy working for AMD who in his
spare time is implementing MALI400 OpenGL compatible entirely libre
drivers?  he's *referencing* libv's work but is reimplementing the
library from scratch.  he... maay run into difficulties as MALI400 is
so basic it requires significant parts to be done in software
(CPU-side).