[Arm-netbook] Interested in pre-production unit for GNU Guix

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Wed Nov 22 17:22:26 GMT 2017

On Wed, Nov 22, 2017 at 5:10 PM, Vincent Legoll
<vincent.legoll at gmail.com> wrote:

> I knew that very well, that's my homepage ;-)
> Waiting for HDMI / H3 also...
>
> But your advocating people to continue to work on ultra-obsolete versions
> (security-wise, etc) instead of pushing people to work on upstream is what
> I found kind of strange.

 well... they could focus on GuixSD... or they could focus on *not*
doing GuixSD (at all, because half the stuff won't work) and instead
do linux kernel development.  if they'd said, "we're linux kernel
developers, we'd like to focus on improving mainling Allwinner A20
functionality so that OSes like GuixSD have 100% full functionality
for our users" i would have said, "great, here's the link to the
mainline linux-sunxi page"...