[Arm-netbook] Interested in pre-production unit for GNU Guix

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Wed Nov 22 16:15:06 GMT 2017

---

On Wed, Nov 22, 2017 at 4:08 PM, Mathieu Othacehe <m.othacehe at gmail.com> wrote:

> (+ Ludo and Danny)
>
> Hi Luke and Eric,
>
>>  great!  let's take a look...
>> https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/guix-devel/2016-07/msg00515.html
>> ha!  looks like someone's been working on porting GuixSD to ARM
>> already.  it shouuuld be an extremely straightforward task if you're
>
> Yes Danny has been involved in the GuixSD bootloader serie too. I guess
> he would be interested in a pre-production unit too.

 i've only got around six or seven available of the 2.7.4 units, or
thereabouts.  i need to keep two, one as a backup in case one gets
damaged (it happens).

 one way round that would be to use a VPN (i run one), set up the unit
at one location and rsync packages over to it for testing in a chroot
environment on the card.  it'll... need a little coordination :)

 or, i could in theory set up one of the two i need to keep hold of
here in TW and leave it switched on 24x7?

> I'm currently working on porting GuixSD on a BBB and have almost
> succeded to boot it. So porting EOMA68-A20 should only consist in picking
> the right kernel/u-boot as you stated.

 yehyeh.  the way i do different OSes is simply replace the root
filesystem partition on pre-existing micro-sd cards.  i'll make sure
to include something (debian/testing armhf most likely - just don't do
"apt-get update" on it as it will pull in a shed-load of stuff that's
been done over the past... 2, 2.5 years)