[Arm-netbook] Interested in pre-production unit for GNU Guix

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Wed Nov 22 15:37:02 GMT 2017

On Wed, Nov 22, 2017 at 9:38 AM, Eric Bavier <ericbavier at centurylink.net> wrote:
> Hello lkcl,

 hi eric

> (Resending to list, hopefully it makes it this time)
>
> We have a GNU Guix developer who is interested in working on bootloader
> and general software support in GuixSD for the EOMA68-A20.

 great!  let's take a look...
https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/guix-devel/2016-07/msg00515.html
ha!  looks like someone's been working on porting GuixSD to ARM
already.  it shouuuld be an extremely straightforward task if you're
prepared to stick with the known / tried-and-tested 3.4.104+
linux-sunxi kernel and the known tried-and-tested u-boot.

> If there is still a pre-production unit available,

 yes there is.

>  please get in touch
> so we can work out how to get them set up.  I've agreed to finance the
> hardware.

 superb.  feel free to contact me off-list, with an address and
telephone number i can put on the EMS TW Postal Service docket.