[Arm-netbook] New Risc-V fully free chip

Bill Kontos vkontogpls at gmail.com
Tue Nov 21 09:47:38 GMT 2017

On Tue, Nov 21, 2017 at 5:38 AM, Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton
<lkcl at lkcl.net> wrote:

>  it's the "mobile" class.  get this: in 28nm they're looking at 600mW
> power consumption for the m-class :)

600mW sound like an aweful little for desktop use. I can't fathom
javascript loading speeds in such a package. For reference my phone
has a 3 watt chip( lg g3, snapdragon 801, 28nm) and I do notice some
lag with webpages. Now granted the high rez screen (1440 x 2560)
doesn't help but 600mW vs 3 W looks like a big drop.