[Arm-netbook] usb keyboard, width about 15cm?

ronwirring at Safe-mail.net ronwirring at Safe-mail.net
Wed May 31 20:56:22 BST 2017

-------- Original Message --------
From: Nick Bannon <nick-eoma68 at rcpt.to>
Apparently from: arm-netbook-bounces at lists.phcomp.co.uk
To: arm-netbook at lists.phcomp.co.uk
Subject: Re: [Arm-netbook] usb keyboard, width about 15cm?
Date: Wed, 31 May 2017 12:21:34 +0800

> On Mon, May 29, 2017 at 04:48:03PM -0400, ronwirring at Safe-mail.net wrote:
> > http://usb.brando.com/prod_detail.php?prod_id=00666
>
> Promising! but as Christopher mentioned, "This item is Discontinued".
>
> I had luck searching for another 56 key keyboard ("50%"?): USD $23.73

Good find. It looks to be the same keyboard.

> http://www.dx.com/p/mini-56-key-usb-keyboard-with-retractable-usb-cable-for-pc-and-laptops-15953
> http://www.dx.com/p/15953
> http://www.dx.com/c/computers-tablets-networking-399/keyboards-302/USB-351
>
> The X/Y dimensions are very similar, though it's 60% heavier and 5mm thicker.
> Dimensions: 6.69 in x 2.91 in x 0.79 in (170 x 74 x 20 mm)
> Weight: 6.53 oz (185g)
>
> I think I'd miss the dedicated arrow keys.
> I'd like it even more if it had an integrated trackball or trackpoint,

That would make it much easier to integrate it in a pc card cabinet. I have
searched for wired usb touchpads and trackpoints.
I have not found any.

> which I guess requires a USB hub device/emulation as well?:
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pointing_stick
>
> Nick.

I have bought one 7usd bluetooth small keyboard. It
appears to have a touchpad too. I cannot say how
difficult it will be to modify it to a wired usb keyboard.

There is the https://pyra-handheld.com/boards/images/Pyra-Main.png
cabinet. If the 3d printer cad files are free software.