[Arm-netbook] Totally derailed topic

fuumind fuumind at openmailbox.org
Tue May 30 19:04:06 BST 2017

On Tue, 30 May 2017 13:03:27 -0400
Christopher Havel <laserhawk64 at gmail.com> wrote:

> if the point of the whole thing is to bring you closer to God, why put
> structure and organization and the inevitable middlemen that such
> things bring with them, in between you and Him...? It simply doesn't
> make sense to me that, in order to speak to God, you have to go
> through something to the effect of a human bucket-brigade -- which
> sounds like an open opportunity for things to go like a game of
> Telephone, amongst the other disadvantages.

I don't see any inevitable middlemen, at least not in christianity.
Sure, there are priests and pastors and theologians and whatnot but
they are not intermediaries. The best they can be is a help. They are
people with whom I can discuss my thoughts and my doubts but they never
define my thoughts and they never define my relationship with God. My
relationship with God is owned by me and God alone.

Structure and organization is necessary for us christians in order to
be able to coexist, just as it is for the rest of humanity. Without it
there would be chaos!

The most important thing is that we seek intimacy with God, a
relationship where we hold nothing back, because that's what life
really is all about.

/fuumind