[Arm-netbook] Totally derailed topic

fuumind fuumind at openmailbox.org
Tue May 30 17:41:19 BST 2017

On Tue, 30 May 2017 12:10:33 -0400
Christopher Havel <laserhawk64 at gmail.com> wrote:

I'm not quite sure if you're replying to what I wrote or to what zap
wrote or to both of us but I'll bite anyway. :)

> I guess the point here is, if we have good role models around us, we
> can learn from our fellow humans what we need to know.

I quite agree! We all need of role models to mature! This is all well
and good for the earthly life but it won't put you in a relationship
with God. It *might* help you be a bit more open to Him though.

> As for me, I'd
> rather live in the here and now than dwell on what might happen --but
> can't be known for sure-- in the hereafter. Besides... isn't there
> something a little bit sinister, in a "Hotel California" sort of a
> way, about essentially living in a dream where you can have anything
> you want as long as it's not waking up...? ;)

Well, science itself is something we also have to choose to belive in
or not. If you take the reasoning all the way to the end you'd end up
with 'I think therefor I am' I suppose... :)

/fuumind