[Arm-netbook] Totally derailed topic

zap calmstorm at posteo.de
Tue May 30 15:18:09 BST 2017

On 05/29/2017 11:08 PM, John Luke Gibson wrote:
> On 5/29/17, David Niklas <doark at mail.com> wrote:
>>> The mountains of religious thought pumped into this thread has it
>>> visibly oozing (I mean no offense).
>> Ooh, it's coming to get you :)
> Yes it is xD Spaghetti is gonna come to me in my dreams now and slap
> me (I'm very much kidding!)
>
>>> Nietzsche considered christianity so
>>> obsessed with compassion, that in a world without suffering it would
>>> utterly and completely fall apart.).
>>>
>> So people like Lyberta are causing genetic impurity and aught to be?
> Of course not! It's a common misconception that Nietzsche was a Nazi,
> since the Nazi's borrowed from the fellow's philosophy.
> My understanding is the Nietzsche believed that Christianity
> intentionally promoted social systems and governing which inevitably
> would cause a significant minority to be suffering. The fellow
> endeavored to demonstrate by way of thought experiments how the
> Christian churches would in most cases fall apart if their weren't
> enough people to feel compassionate or sorrowful for. This is why
> Christians frequently are brought up to believe that it's not the
> governments place to help the suffering, and rather that should be the
> obligation of the pious.

I disagree, I was brought up to believe that no matter who you are and
where you are, you are to help the suffering, the poor, the sick, and
the ill.

This is also the belief of jesus christ.  But alas such a noble soul is
found rarely today because not all of my brethren truly believe in him.
aka they use it for power. Though I bet if not for religion we humans
would have found some other way to screw up the world. Humans are very
creative at being evil sometimes.

>>> Nietzsche's life's work was dedicated to attempting to create a
>>> well-developed replacement to both religion and "Slave Morality".
>>>
>>> I don't know if I support Nietzsche's alternative of "Master Morality"
>> Then what do you support?
> I don't support any particular moral code or another, I believe there
> needs to be a much greater diversity of moral codes than we currently
> have, well-founded and sound even in the face of rigorous criticism.
> My own morals are formed quite synthetically, and formulated based
> around the idea that the universal ethic is a simple mandate for the
> maximal longterm diversity of conflict. To sum it up, I think of it
> like this: if a person dies, think of all of the conflicts both with
> themselves and others that they could have engaged in if they hadn't.
> Now if that person was a martyr for a cause you have something you can
> weigh, how much conflict would they have participated in versus how
> much conflict would their death inspire. One can also weigh
> destructive conflict negatively against one item or another, as I
> would probably refer to conflict which isn't destructive as
> progenitive.
>
>>> (where the obstacle is to become the best human possible, the
>>> so-called "ubermensch"), but I do say that "trap" is hardly a "trap"
>>> rather it's just a human need for an obstacle or conflict, and by
>>> rejecting religion all one is doing is rejecting the type of conflict
>>> which that religion endorses.
>> <snip>
>> How about inherent insufficiency?
>> Or you can just <--insert favourite word-->.
> Ultimately you will have conflict, if not with other humans then with
> the self or with physics :P

Exactly my point. That is why we humans need God.  To point out our
flaws and then to help us to correct our actions.  Those who rebel
against this notion whether they think they believe or not are on shaky
ground.

Especially those who pretend, they have no forgiveness to look forward
to due to their pride.

I myself hope to never go down that road again... ps, I don't like
capitalism so don't think I am conservatives what so ever... ;)

not all black people live in inner cities the same way not all
christians are conservatives

my point stands..