[Arm-netbook] Building your own keyboard

Christian Kellermann ckeen at pestilenz.org
Fri May 26 21:08:28 BST 2017

* Christopher Havel <laserhawk64 at gmail.com> [170526 22:03]:
> I'm not familiar with percentages being used to describe keyboards. Can you
> explain?

A full fledged keyboard usually features 104 keys, featuring a
number pad, arrow keys and function key row.  Those are your 100%.
Keyboards that take away keys are described in a fraction of those
104 keys.  I am typing this on a 40% atreus keyboard that has 42
keys only. As you see the percentage is not that accurate :)

> Also, the price I had quoted was for an original Micro, not a Pro Micro, as
> context should have made clear. For the record -- $10.49 for quantity one,
> from China, probably not ePacket shipping, although I didn't check that
> part.

Ah ok, I am always getting confused about the naming. Some sellers
even sell a pro micro that features the ordinary Atmega328p...
Which is not what you want since then you need to do the usb stack
in software in your application...

Kind regards!

Christian

--
May you be peaceful, may you live in safety, may you be free from
suffering, and may you live with ease.