[Arm-netbook] mali gpu reverse engineering lkcl may ignore

Neil Jansen njansen1 at gmail.com
Mon May 22 22:28:21 BST 2017

On Mon, May 22, 2017 at 2:01 PM, mdn <bernardlprf at openmailbox.org> wrote:

> The thing is, is that one wants to avoid to be persecuted you have to:
> -Avoid electronic money (or at least one that doesn't tie your real name
> too it).
> -Having your name tied to the project it (staying anonymous)
> -Having people who don't have a lot to loose (if they can stay anonymous
> this isn't a big problem).
> -Having a server that won't reveal the ID of the people participating on
> the project (Tor or GNUnet only)
> There are some projects that exist already on these mesh networks.

Crowdfunding and anonymity DO NOT go together.

I'm not backing a project from some random hacker via bitcoin or Western
Union, nope not going to happen.

There are enough problems with crowdfunding campaigns that aren't
anonymous, the way I see it.

I'd crowdfund a legitimate (non-anonymous campaign) to (A) raise awareness
for the need of FOSS graphics drivers, (B) help fund a legal group to make
it easier for hackers and hobbyists to reverse engineer what they have
purchased, or (C) raise funds to help individuals like Luc Verhaegen that
have gotten smeared but want to keep fighting.  Or (D) if anyone in a
matter of years/decades/whatever is crazy enough to attempt a completely
FOSS GPU core which won't come cheap or easy.  Something like Project VGA
but scaled up in complexity and down in size.

But that's about it.  Other people's mileage many vary.  But being that
Wikipedia and other sources aren't even really mentioning all of the
litigation and smearing going on, I'd suggest to start by maybe getting the
word out, maybe edit a few wikipedia pages to make that a bit more
apparent.  I don't even see it mentioned in the talk pages.  This group was
literally the first time that I've heard of it.