[Arm-netbook] rk3399 what full schematics does lkcl want?

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Sat May 20 16:27:33 BST 2017

btw ron please do cut context that's not necessary, it was very hard
to find the questions you wrote.

On Sat, May 20, 2017 at 3:47 PM,  <ronwirring at safe-mail.net> wrote:

>>  then once that's done you then have to do the PCB design *from* the
>> schematics, and that takes even longer.  and will contain mistakes.
>>

> Is it difficult or takes a lot of time? I ask because the converting to cad files cannot be split up in numerous pieces and put on a website, where people can each solve one piece?

 so, cutting all but the relevant context, and answering just the
questions you asked: there are two aspects.

 firstly, the schematics: these just take time.  it could be
parallelised in theory

 secondly, the PCB layout: this takes time *and* is difficult.
creating the footprints for compoents could be parallelised, but the
PCB layout - positioning of components, connecting components, laying
out tracks and the planes? no - for such a small PCB that is best
handled by one person with the required expertise.

 and that task alone takes months to do from scratch.