[Arm-netbook] Sourcing PCMCIA type 2 and type 3 cases

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Tue May 16 20:55:43 BST 2017

---

On Tue, May 16, 2017 at 8:35 PM, Vincent <ml.eoma68 at eml.cc> wrote:
> Hi Luke,
>
> Hm, that is sad. I somewhat fear that these cases are being phased out
> and soon will no longer be available :-/

 no - there are at least two big customers still ordering these
specific parts.  one is in korea, the other is the french "Conditional
Access Module" industry.

 also i've ordered 2,000 of each (case and connector) so should have plenty.

> Does he have both type 2 and type 3 cases?

 no.  type II only.

> I saw some type 3 cases with
> screws and everything which lead me to the conclusion that it could
> actually be possible to open/close them and insert/remove the PCB that
> is inside? For type 2, this appears not to be possible?

 the litkconn P/N 68F casework basically is a "total disassmbly" job.
it's a pain in the ass and takes several minutes.

> If it is about receiving data, I can basically set up pretty much
> everything, e.g.: receive via email, dedicated GIT, anonymous file drop
> off, etc. ;-)

 yay, great.