[Arm-netbook] list posting etiquette

Kyle kyle at free2.ml
Thu May 11 12:09:22 BST 2017

Just some thoughts ...
If the topic changes, starting a new thread is better than just changing
the subject line, as I may not be interested in the topic that starts
the thread, but if only the subject line changes and the thread doesn't
change, my threaded e-mail client will usually delete messages I'm
interested in along with the messages that didn't interest me at the
beginning of the thread. It probably makes little difference to readers
who don't use threaded mail clients, but those of us who do are greatly
helped when a thread stays on topic as much as possible, and a new
topic, even if it springs from a discussion on another thread, starts a
new thread. That said, it can be hard to determine when a new thread
should start when a new topic springs from a discussion on one thread,
depending how related to the original topic the new one is, and how far
it could stray in the future. In such cases, simply changing the subject
line is probably sufficient.
~Kyle