[Arm-netbook] Totally derailed topic

zap zapper at openmailbox.org
Thu May 11 01:13:14 BST 2017

On 05/10/2017 06:44 PM, Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton wrote:
> On Wed, May 10, 2017 at 10:23 PM, zap <zapper at openmailbox.org> wrote:
>
>> it is sad because they think they will be rewarded at the end. But they
>> already have their temporary very short term reward. Though they deserve
>> it, I feel a mixture of pity and anger towards them.
>  steady, zap: i struggle with anger towards people who've betrayed me
> (etc.) - so i'm not the person to say "don't do that"... even though i
> know it's doing *me* harm to be so angry i can't even sleep at night,
> sometimes.  what i would like to say is: f you manage to get your
> anger under control, do tell me how you managed it, ok? :)

Like all things, it is a work in progress, but I try to humble myself
and accept the reality that though I can become something very great,
boasting of my accomplishments does nothing but cause me to get buried.

The more I boast the deeper the hole. That isn't the only thing that
digs a hole of course, but it is the first step to becoming something
vile. so yeah...

My fuse has greatly lengthened in many ways before I do something foolish.

All in all, it takes time, learning to humble ones self, and controlling
my ego/pride. Pride is the first step before most evil actions at least
that is why I think.

That's my thoughts on this. ;)