[Arm-netbook] list posting etiquette

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Wed May 10 20:17:42 BST 2017

---

On Wed, May 10, 2017 at 8:04 PM, Vincent Legoll
<vincent.legoll at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Could you also add something about staying on-topic, thanks.
>>
>>  awww!  i quite _like_ the horrendous straying off-topic-ness :)
>
> OK, your call...

 it is... but that's just me. let me put it another way: what benefit
would it bring to this list, and what would we lose, to ask people to
stay on-topic?  serious question.  if we're to make such a
far-reaching change to the operation of the list, it really does need
to be discussed and analysed, what would be the consequences.

>> would you settle for asking people to start a new thread?
>
> Nope, I prefer when people follow the rules by themselves, I'm
> not doing ML-police.

 luckily you don't have to: that's my role :)