[Arm-netbook] I saw your recent update, Luke

Bill Kontos vkontogpls at gmail.com
Tue May 9 19:23:16 BST 2017

On Tue, May 9, 2017 at 8:34 PM, Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton <lkcl at lkcl.net>
wrote:

> On Tue, May 9, 2017 at 6:03 PM, Bill Kontos <vkontogpls at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Indeed. I'm from the slack generation,
>
>  ah so you've read their terms and conditions, then?  and seen these
> news articles:
>
>  https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2017/may/07/the-
> great-british-brexit-robbery-hijacked-democracy
>  https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2017/feb/26/robert-
> mercer-breitbart-war-on-media-steve-bannon-donald-trump-nigel-farage
>
> > not too used to mailing lists. I
> > didn't realize I was breaking the flow.

Yup. It's still hilarious when I trap people into chatting with slackbot
for half an hour before they realize it's a bot because I have programmed
it very carefully exactly for this job and not for being informative.
Anyway by slack I mean modern chat rooms in general. I use whatever
everyone else that I need to work with knows how to use and there is
nothing I can do about that. Unfortunately I'm working on a daily basis
with people who can't figure out by themselves how to add a new power point
slide, let alone understand what the crap is going on with the world. Most
of them are smart but don't understand shit about technology. There is very
little I can do about educating most of my surroundings, but I do try my
best.