[Arm-netbook] eoma68 router (qca9531)

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Tue May 9 14:16:37 BST 2017

---

On Tue, May 9, 2017 at 2:08 PM, Allan Mwenda <allanitomwesh at gmail.com> wrote:
> The cards i shared earlier are 450mbit i think. Fully libre too. I dont
> think you can get 1000 out of free firmware. The fastest would probably be
> the new broadcom AC wifi but that is a trap, the driver is libre, the
> firmware (which is neccesary) is not. Probably could be reverse engineered
> firmware-side but how hard that would be i don't know.

 it's not worth the effort.  it often takes years and there's no
guarantee of success.  it's much easier to convince qualcomm (or
mediatek) to just release the source code.  chris from thinkpenguin
walked the atheros team (right up to director level) through the
process for the AR9271, and that took *two years* from start to
finish.