[Arm-netbook] Totally derailed topic

zap zapper at openmailbox.org
Tue May 9 12:30:30 BST 2017

On 05/09/2017 04:45 AM, Lyberta wrote:
> doark at mail.com:
>> I think you're caught in the same trap, unable to realize your own
>> potential for lack of a moral standard (it also suffers as a result of
>> an Atheistic philosophy), and unable to accept a pointless existence.
> When I was 19, I was in a very bad situation. Everything I've ever
> believed in was false. So I've spent the next 6 months looking for
> truth. Thankfully, I have dropped out of college by this time so I had
> time to investigate.
>
> And in one moment it dawned upon me. There is no truth. Everything is
> relative. People invent their own truth and start believing in it. So if
> I want to stay unshackled I must not believe in anything.
>
> The next thing was supposed to be suicide but I couldn't do it. I don't
> know the future and I don't know what will happen when I die. In fact,
> I'm trapped inside my own consciousness and by definition can't escape
> it and see the truth. Remember Plato's allegory of the cave?
>
> Another thing that bugs me is, since I don't believe in anything, I also
> don't believe in science. I can't predict what's gonna happen in the
> next moment. Every once in a while I get in this state of mind where I
> understand that I understand nothing.
Your suffering needn't be endless. I don't normally say this especially
on the internet, but God does love you and he only wants the best for
you. He doesn't judge or condemn people will they live but he will try
to convict us to rise higher.

I don't know if your religious or not, but I am, and being truly
religious means putting away worries and doing your best at living an
abundant life of freedom and happiness.

A good lesson I found was in this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Y_AUsUmCEM

But I suggest watching most of it,

I say this because, you seem to be worrying too much. that isn't healthy
whether you believe in religion or not.

I used to live ln constant worry even as a Christian, but I had a false
idea of religion and reason as well as certain people in the world.

If you have no religious background and this annoys you, at least
understand I am just trying to help.

I once thought about doing myself in too. But I realize now that, it
would have hurt many, many people in my life.

As Bill said though, reason is important, but I will also add, God wants
us to have reason as well.

Anyways, seek help if needed, I hate to hear people suffer especially
those who are good inside.

>> In any and all cases I think you might enjoy a book that is eyeopening,
>> insightful and uplifting, with respect to the world around you, as
>> opposed to your more dreary, despairing, world view.
> I was forced to read books at school and this gave a huge hatred for
> them. I remember I've tried to read a fiction book at psychiatric
> hospital and after the 1st paragraph I was so enraged that I quickly put
> it away. Though this mostly applies to fiction.

I am not too fond of fiction books myself nowadays although my reasons
were that there was so much treachery between relationships of romance...