[Arm-netbook] Totally derailed topic

mike.valk at gmail.com mike.valk at gmail.com
Tue May 9 10:48:28 BST 2017

> doark at mail.com:
> > I think you're caught in the same trap, unable to realize your own
> > potential for lack of a moral standard (it also suffers as a result of
> > an Atheistic philosophy), and unable to accept a pointless existence.
>
> When I was 19, I was in a very bad situation. Everything I've ever
> believed in was false. So I've spent the next 6 months looking for
> truth. Thankfully, I have dropped out of college by this time so I had
> time to investigate.
>
> And in one moment it dawned upon me. There is no truth. Everything is
> relative. People invent their own truth and start believing in it. So if
> I want to stay unshackled I must not believe in anything.

There are many truths but non come close to reality.

> The next thing was supposed to be suicide but I couldn't do it. I don't
> know the future and I don't know what will happen when I die. In fact,
> I'm trapped inside my own consciousness and by definition can't escape
> it and see the truth. Remember Plato's allegory of the cave?
>
> Another thing that bugs me is, since I don't believe in anything, I also
> don't believe in science. I can't predict what's gonna happen in the
> next moment. Every once in a while I get in this state of mind where I
> understand that I understand nothing.

Believe that you are here. Your time here is brief. Enjoy it while you can.

> > In any and all cases I think you might enjoy a book that is eyeopening,
> > insightful and uplifting, with respect to the world around you, as
> > opposed to your more dreary, despairing, world view.
>
> I was forced to read books at school and this gave a huge hatred for
> them. I remember I've tried to read a fiction book at psychiatric
> hospital and after the 1st paragraph I was so enraged that I quickly put
> it away. Though this mostly applies to fiction.

You can't control anything but a small part of yourself.

You do however have a choice. Not making a choice is a choice itself.

The're is no thing in this world that you must but one thing: Undergo the
results of your choice.

Getting enraged by books is a choice.

Don't get overwhelmed. When that happens you'll panic and reason will
vacate your mind.

You are allowed to believe in things that are not real.

Science is not a fixed thing. It's an ever changing truth towards reality.
http://chem.tufts.edu/answersinscience/relativityofwrong.htm

Religions mostly advocate absolute truth. There is no absolute truth.

Sience is knowing that your viewing the universe through a keyhole and you
are probably be wrong in your assessment of what you see.

Accept that you'll need to base your choices on what you know now. You
cannot make choices based on things you might come to know.

Relax and live. It is worth your time. Don't anger yourself on ignorance of
others. But don't think you are above another. We're all different. Be
proud of it.

This life might just be a test for the next. And the more/fuller you live
the bigger your obstacles you must overcome. At least that's how I see it.