[Arm-netbook] libre 64-bit risc-v SoC

Pen-Yuan Hsing penyuanhsing at gmail.com
Thu May 4 11:31:02 BST 2017

On 03/05/17 16:30, Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton wrote:
> On Wed, May 3, 2017 at 4:24 PM, Pen-Yuan Hsing <penyuanhsing at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Thanks Luke. This just made me realise that I should bring this up the next
>> time I run into the local maker space. I only occasionally see them, but
>> will be sure to remember this!
>>
>> Is the webpage designed for an interested maker/hacker or computer science
>> academic to easily understand?
>
>   which one?  the one i'm maintaining on rhombus-tech is purely for
> taking notes, so i don't lose track of the contacts / links that i
> find.
>
>   also it depends on what you'd like to help with.  if you'd like to
> help with *this* project's efforts to create a riscv-64 SoC, then this
> list and the rhombus tech wiki's a good starting point
>
>   if however you'd like to simply make people aware of risc-v in
> general then the riscv.org web site's the best place to refer them to.
>
> l.
Sorry I wasn't clear. I was just wondering if the rhombus-tech page can
be a "landing page" that I can forward people to. But if you think
riscv.org is fine I can do that, too! That said, riscv.org probably
doesn't emphasise the libre nature of it, does it? Therefore would it be
helpful to have some sort of accessible introductory page that talks
about how RISV-V is "fun" for hacking AND its importance in 100% libre
computing?

As for me, I have no technical skills to actually help with development.
That's why I originally asked if there are other ways to help!