[Arm-netbook] Solid wood corner prototype

Tor, the Marqueteur Marqueteur at FineArtMarquetry.com
Mon May 1 05:36:05 BST 2017

On 30/04/17 17:47, Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton wrote:
> i was just thinking, if you had the appropriate cutters (like a router
> / plane with different width bits) it would be possible to just run
> the parts through some sort of jig.

This is definitely possible.  With the corner design on my screen
(apparently the blue ones in the photos), all the different levels and
widths of cutout make it something I'd not want to think about doing that
way.

Still, it looks like it could be simplified a bit.  You seem to have the
PCB slot both top and bottom, which is nice for interchangeability, but
could be dispensed with.  I'm thinking about other possibilities, but I
can't yet visualise fully what the tolerances are relative to the
populated PCB.

I know revisions of the PCB are generally hard (at least if they involve
rerouting traces), but I have to ask what the implications of adding a
sixteenth to each side edge of the PCB for mounting would be.  The length
front to back would remain the same.  If that could be done and would
allow the full rectangle of the corner piece to be used, then there are
only two operations that would need to be done on the individual corner
piece, namely the stopped dado for the PCB (only one per corner, two
different corners) and the hole for assembly bolt.

Tor

--
Tor Chantara
http://www.fineartmarquetry.com/