[Arm-netbook] microdesktop casework as DXF files for laser-cutting

jah jah at jahboite.co.uk
Fri Mar 31 12:14:25 BST 2017

On 31/03/17 11:34, Normand Chamberland wrote:
> FYI My repo had a README file for which content specifically said
>
> > This repository hosts my personal design files for the EOMA68 project. This is not the official project repository.
>
> I fail to see how they could bring "disrepute" to it.since these files were clearly *PERSONAL* and *NON-ASSOCIATED TO THE OFFICIAL PROJECT*.
>
> I spent valuable time setting this up but fine, I just deleted it.
>

>     if you do not have a savannah or other libre hosting service please
>     send me an ssh public key and i will set you up with a gitolite
>     repository.
>

> No, right now I'm too fucking pissed off by your zealotry to do anything resembling that and I might very well stop my contributions right there.

I understand your frustration, Normand, but I hope you will continue to contribute to the project.  It's important work and your contributions, and those of the community as a whole, are extremely valuable.

May I suggest a reading of [ETHICALREPO] so that you may see that "zealotry" is an unfair categorisation: github (and others) exhibit problems that have a real impact on freedom.

You should of course have the freedom to publish your personal design files wherever you wish, but the files in question represent, in some way, your contribution to a public project. As such, consideration must be given to the goals of the project and the ideals that underpin it.

Please keep up your good work!  The success of the project depends on contributions like yours.

jah

[ETHICALREPO]: https://www.gnu.org/software/repo-criteria-evaluation.html