[Arm-netbook] microdesktop casework as DXF files for laser-cutting

Mark Van den Borre mark at lusis.eu
Wed Mar 22 08:01:51 GMT 2017

Hello list, hello Normand,

> On the manufacturing side, I wonder if it may be a good idea to check the
> real thickness of the 3mm plywood boards. Due to manufacturing tolerances,
> materials provided in sheets are often thinner than their nominal
thickness
> be it for plywood, plastics etc.
Indeed, no ply board thickness ever is exactly 3mm. Either over or under
3mm, plus climate variations. The good news is that the plywood is fairly
dimensionally stable in width and length.

> As for the screws, difficult to evaluate from a couple of pictures
Have you found the extra pictures? I've only seen the tiny extra picture at
crowdsupply yet ...

> seem to be M3 socket head, black oxide, with hex nuts at the bottom
> (possibly 2 per screw) with some kind of either plastic or vinyl cap.
Nickel
> plated screws would be better IMHO (considering the hex nuts are either
> nickel or zinc) and not prone to rust like black oxyde screws, but they
> might be difficult to source and more expensive.
ISO 7380 bolts with either plastic cap nut or hex nut with plastic cap
would be nicest I guess. I plan to drop by my excellent supplier early next
week to see what they recommend.

Kind regards,

Mark