[Arm-netbook] Logos

Christopher Havel laserhawk64 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 18 02:30:15 GMT 2017

Decided to throw my hat into the ring. I needed to drag my Windows system
out anyways -- someone sent me a nice new Android tablet that forgets it's
been set up as soon as it shuts down... time to learn how to flash a tablet
image. Heh.

...anyways...

Here is an album of logo versions --> http://imgur.com/a/YoTJx

...I don't *think* that site has nasty germy ads, but Adblock Plus is a
handy thing to have enabled, in any event... ;)

You get three color versions -- one with the full text of the name, and two
different ones with just the acronym -- and three grayscale ("black and
white") versions -- two different ones with the full text, and one with
only the acronym. Each logo image is sized 3x5 inches, the size of a
US-issue 'flash card'. (No, no, the *paper* kind!)

Font is "Aero" --> http://www.dafont.com/aero2.font
...says "100% Free" in the license corner, which I take to mean "free for
all uses under the sun, including commercial stuff". IMPORTANT NOTE: I'm
not a lawyer -- my mother was, but not in that business sector, and she's
retired anyways.

Colors are in 24-bit RGB colorspace for the color versions and in 8-bit
grayscale colorspace for the grayscale versions. Colors and their RGB
values are as follows...

Blue is R 000 G 000 B 255
Green is R 000 G 255 B 000
Light Gray is R 128 G 128 B 128
Medium Gray is R 192 G 192 B 192
Dark Gray is R 223 G 223 B 223
Black is of course R 255 G 255 B 255

I have the original source files for you, Luke, if you want them; they are
unfortunately done in a closed-source graphics program (CorelDRAW X8
(that's version 18)) -- sorry, I just can't get my head around Inkscape and
its comparatively very strange and clunky interface. The source files are,
therefore, rendered as Corel *.cdr files, which may or may not import
gracefully into Inkscape later... if you want them, let me know and I'll
send them to the off-list GMail address I have on file for you and you can
do with them as you please.