[Arm-netbook] Logging and journaling

Elena ``of Valhalla'' valhalla-l at trueelena.org
Wed Mar 8 08:43:10 GMT 2017

On 2017-03-08 at 06:16:20 +0000, Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton wrote:
> > and calls them a criminal enterprise.
>
>  if they've distributed copyright-violating code, and haven't fixed
> that, then yes.  do you deny that they've distributed
> copyright-violating code in the past?

IANAL, but I'm quite sure that most sane legislations cover this kind of
copyright violations in civil law, not in criminal law, so no, if they
only did that they didn't commit any crime and they can't be called
criminal.

They are people who did something wrong (are still doing? I don't care
about android phones so I didn't check) and they are liable to pay
damages and other consequences, but nobody of the people involved would
get a criminal record because of this.

--
Elena ``of Valhalla''