[Arm-netbook] I apologize for not knowing this sooner,

David Niklas doark at mail.com
Mon Jun 26 17:06:37 BST 2017

On Sun, 25 Jun 2017 02:22:36 +0100
Alexander Ross <maillist_arm-netbook at aross.me> wrote:

> On 25/06/17 00:41, Christopher Havel wrote:
> > I cannot comprehend the necessity of having two hundred twenty
> > browser tabs open, sum total... I rarely have need for one tenth of
> > that.
> >
> > But, then, I'm not a dev. Maybe for us mere mortals, there is some
> > explanation? :P
>
> In my case i have multi projects on the go, at diff stages of research.
> From shopping for gear "projects" (reasoned consumerism) to light
> weight, strong box to ship my stuff (like PA audio gear for
> partys/events/camp) via courier 30KG limit for £12. too umm what...
> solar pv and panels research, backlog of news articles, etc
<snip>

This is common for me too. The tabs accumulate like this:
1. Search for "How to program in C" (or some other cool thing.)
2. Open first 15 tabs of links to sites advertising tutorials.
3. Open second list of 10 tabs for sites claiming to know the "Best"
   tutorial, book or other resource.
4. Go to the tabs of each website that advertised the "best" tutorial and
   open tabs for their recommendations.
5. Go to each tab and open tabs for every part of the tutorial.
6. Open tabs for every "This author recommends" page.
7. Open tabs for the links the authors link to and close the "This author
   recommends" pages.
8. Open tabs to expand all the tutorials and cool info you just got to.

This is how I waste memory in FF, others may differ.

Sincerely,
David