[Arm-netbook] Gigabytes for tabs despite power down.

Hendrik Boom hendrik at topoi.pooq.com
Sun Jun 25 02:37:59 BST 2017

On Sat, Jun 24, 2017 at 08:04:49PM -0400, Christopher Havel wrote:
> Fair enough. Suggestion: power cycling your computer more than every few
> months might be good for it.

I do end up power-cycling my computer; I tend not to leave it on when I
put in a ventilation- and rain-proof bag to tke it somewhere.

When I power it up and start the browser, it offers to restat the tabs
that were open when it lost control during the power down.  I get to
choose which ones.  It's meant as a crash-recovery mechanism, but has
other uses.

This is quite useful, and can lead to tabs accumulating longterm.

If I actually explicitly shut down the browser, it does not rememmber
all the open tabs.

I could use more RAM.  But my 32-bit system won't take more than 2GiB.

-- hendrik